Agriculture & Farming Water Filtration
Proudly Filtering Water for:
Agriculture, Irrigation, Crop Cooling, Frost Control, Pesticide Use, Fertilizer Applications, Aquaculture, Farming, Livestock & Poultry, Animal Feeding Operations, Greenhouses, Nurseries Forestry, Oil Storage
"According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), water used for irrigation accounts for nearly 65 percent of the world’s freshwater withdrawals excluding thermoelectric power." - Center for Disease Control. Read about their Water Guidelines for Agriculture & Farming.
Why be concerned about agricultural water quality?
"Water quality can be affected by poor planning of industrial sites, animal farms, and barnyards and feedlots. Until recently, the type of water source has been indicative of the potential risks of contamination. Poor water quality can affect the quality of food crops and lead to illness in those who consume them. For example, the water may contain germs that cause human disease. Irrigating crops with contaminated water can then lead to contaminated food products which lead to illness when eaten. Groundwater, for example, has been considered one of the safest sources of water. However, depending on field location and field size, it may not be possible to use water from these sources for irrigation." - EPA. Read more about Laws and Regulations that Apply to Your Agricultural Operation by Farm Activity.
Cost reduction in water usage (cheaper to heat clean water; equipment will last longer)
Consistency in production
Sanitation/Super cleanliness (liability reduction)
Sustainability & consistency of vendor
Clean water for workers
Customized Solution (with our consultation)
CRYSTAL QUEST® RECOMMENDED SOLUTIONS
Specific Contaminant Filtration:
- Nitrate: One of the biggest concerns from farming is that Nitrate leaches into the water from livestock excrement. It will leach into the ground & surface water & soil causing extreme contamination.
- Remove other contaminants: Fluoride, Arsenic, Iron, Turbidity, Tannin, or for Acid Neutralizing.
For Peak Filtration:
- Reverse Osmosis for Fresh Water: The Highest Level of Filtration to remove impurities & contaminants, heavy metals & unwanted by-products to achieve the highest water quality.
- Reverse Osmosis for Brackish Water or Reverse Osmosis for Sea Water: If the location is on an island or close to the coast/estuary, a custom VIPER or SHARK system is recommended.
Additional Filtration Options:
- SMART Technology Systems: Premium Filtration using our unique, house-blend of medias to remove contaminants, heavy metals & unwanted by-products & prevent bacteria growth.
- Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) Systems: Basic, cost-efficient removal of contaminants, heavy metals & unwanted by-products.
More Filtration Technologies:
- Water Softener: Remove unwanted water hardness which contributes to poor flavor. Softeners can be bought stand-alone or in conjunction with one of the above POE filtration systems.
- UltraViolet Light: Specifically designed to meet the demanding microorganism control concern. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa.