SMART Series Whole House Water Filtration + Softener Combo (6 Stages)
Water Travels Through 6 Stages of Filtration
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20” sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand, and dirt.
- Stage 2: Water flows through an ion exchange media tank and brine water conditioner.
- Stages 2, 3 and 4 - Water flows through our SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons (Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500, and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloramine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH. To read about how GAC's work, click here. To read about the ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here.
- Stage 6: Water flows through a 20” solid carbon filter cartridge to remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.*
*If present in the water
View our Comparison Guide of all SMART Whole House Water Filters
What is hard water? Water described as “hard” is high in dissolved minerals, specifically calcium and magnesium. It is estimated that more than 80% of homes across the country are affected by hard water. What is more staggering, however, is that many homeowners do not know if they have hard water or how to detect it.
The “hardness” of water is determined by the combined number of calcium and magnesium grains present. The higher the number of grains per gallon, the “harder” your water is. These minerals are picked up by “soft” rainwater as it travels down through the soil to the underground water table. Water that comes into contact with limestone (calcium and magnesium rock) has a much higher content of these hard minerals. Hard water has a negative impact on you, your household, and your pocketbook.
- Water heater efficiency is increased up to 29%
- Save up to 70% on household detergents and soaps
- Soap and shampoo will lather better, resulting in softer skin and more manageable hair
- Save up to 25% on personal care items such as hair products and shaving cream
- Up to 30% longer life for washing machines, dishwashers, coffeemakers, humidifiers, water heaters, and household plumbing systems
- Fabrics will be whiter, brighter, and last up to 33% longer
- Dishes come clean more easily, without spots
- Bath and kitchen fixtures will have less soap
You probably have hard water. If left untreated, here is what can happen:
- The minerals in hard water will cause yellow stains on plumbing fixtures and be deposited as scale, eventually clogging plumbing and shortening the life of appliances like washing machines, water heaters, and dishwashers by up to 30%. Scale deposits not only cut down on the efficiency of these appliances, they cost you money, increasing both energy and maintenance bills.
- Hard water dulls your hair and dries your skin. Shaving is more difficult in hard water.
- Hard water can leave unsightly film buildup on glasses and dishes.
- Hard water leaves a filmy soap ring around bath and kitchen faucets, which makes cleanup more difficult.
Additional Product Options
- Leak Detector Valve
- UltraViolet: Specifically designed to meet the demanding microorganism control concern. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. A major advantage of UV treatment is that it is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without cumbersome retention tanks and harmful chemicals to your drinking water.
|1.5 cubic feet||2.0 cubic feet|
|Service Flow (GPM)||9-11||10-13|
|Tank Dimensions||10" x 54"||12" x 52"|
|Brine Tank Dimensions||18" x 33"||18" x 33"|
|Material||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass|
|Sediment Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04015|
|Carbon Block Filter Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04014|