Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen Sulfide Removal + SMART Series Whole House Water Filter
Water Travels Through 6 Stages of Filtration
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20” sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand, and dirt.
- Stage 2: Water flows through an iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide-reducing mineral tank. In addition, we add our medias, ERA® 6500 & 9500 to prevent bacteria growth.
- Stages 3, 4 and 5: SMART Filters use our special house blend known as SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons ( Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500 , and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloramine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH.
- Stage 6: Water flows through a 20” solid carbon filter cartridge for removing volatile organic compounds (VOCs), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.*
*If present in the water
TANK 1: REMOVE IRON, MANGANESE & HYDROGEN SULFIDE
Iron (Fe ) & Manganese (Mn) are metallic elements present many types of rock. Most groundwater contains some iron and manganese which naturally leaches from rocks and soils. Excess amounts in drinking water can cause discolored water, bad bitter tastes, and rust flakes in the water, as well as rusty-brown stains or black specks on fixtures and laundry. Excess amounts may also affect the taste of beverages and can build up deposits in pipes, heaters or pressure tanks. Hydrogen sulfide (H 2 S) , which causes a “rotten egg” odor, can also be released from the soil by the same conditions (low dissolved oxygen and low pH) that cause iron and manganese to dissolve in water. Hydrogen sulfide is frequently found in water with excessive iron and manganese.
TANK 2: SMART Water Filtration
In addition to the specialty Iron, Manganese & Hydrogen Sulfide Removal filter, this SMART Series system provides Filtration & a Balanced pH. SMART Filters use our special house blend known as SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons ( Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500 , and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloramine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH. To read about how GAC's work, click here. To read about the ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here
Hard water also causes a higher risk of limescale deposits in household water systems. The negative effect of limescale buildup is that pipes are blocked and the efficiency of hot boilers and tanks is reduced. This increases the cost of domestic water heating by about fifteen to twenty percent. Another negative effect of limescale is that it has damaging effects on household machinery, such as laundry machines. Water softening means expanding the lifespan of household machines, and the lifespan of pipelines. It also contributes to the improved working and longer lifespan of solar heating systems, air conditioning units and many other water-based applications. If you would like the additional softener, click here
Additional Product Options
- Leak Detector Valve
- UltraViolet: Specifically designed to meet the demanding microorganism control concern. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. A major advantage of UV treatment is that it is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without cumbersome retention tanks and harmful chemicals to your drinking water.
View our Comparison Chart of all Whole House Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen Sulfide Removal Systems
* All parts, components, and media are NSF Certified
|1.5 cubic feet||2.0 cubic feet|
|Service Flow (GPM)||9-11||10-13|
|Dimensions||10" x 54"||12" x 52"|
|Material||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass|
|Backwash||Automatic or Manual||Automatic or Manual|
|Sediment Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04015|
|Carbon Block Filter Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04014|