Tannin Removal + Softener + SMART Series Whole House Water Filter
Water Travels Through 7 Stages of Filtration
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20” sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand, and dirt.
- Stage 2: Water flows through a tannin-reducing mineral tank.
- Stage 3: Hardness in water is removed through our softener filtration media.
- Stages 4, 5 and 6: SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons ( Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500 , and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloramine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH.
- Stage 7: Water flows through a 20” solid carbon filter cartridge for removing volatile organic compounds (VOCs), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.*
TANK 1: Remove Tannins From Your Drinking Water
Crystal Quest® Tannin Water Filters are self-backwashing systems that automatically remove the tannins within the filter bed and washes them down the drain. This is accomplished with the microprocessor control valve that is mounted on top of the Crystal Quest® Tannin Water Filters. This valve is controlled by a meter that calculates the amount of water being used. Once the meter reaches x amount of gallons, it then initiates the backwash cycle that cleans the bed of filtration media and resets it for the next period of filtration.These systems connect to the main line of your home and filters all of the incoming water to it. It requires a nearby power outlet for the control valve. Low maintenance. Just add sodium or potassium pellets to the brine tank.
- Approx. Gallons of water to Regenerate: 40
- Maximum Removal Capacities: 5ppm Tannins and 40 grains hardness
- Maximum Iron and Manganese Levels: Combined Manganese and Iron levels must be below 0.2ppm
Tank 2: SMART Water FiltrationIn addition to the specialty Tannin Removal filter, this SMART Series system provides Filtration & a Balanced pH. SMART Filters use our special house blend known as SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons ( Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500 , and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloramine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH.
To read about the ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here.
Tank 3: Soften hard water
Additional Product Options
- Leak Detector Valve
- UltraViolet: Specifically designed to meet the demanding microorganism control concern. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. A major advantage of UV treatment is that it is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without cumbersome retention tanks and harmful chemicals to your drinking water.
View our Comparison Chart of all Tannin Removal Whole House Systems
|1.5 cubic feet||2.0 cubic feet|
|Service Flow (GPM)||9-11||10-13|
|Tank Dimensions||10" x 54"||12" x 52"|
|Brine Tank Dimensions||18" x 33"||18" x 33"|
|Material||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass|
|Eaglesorb Tannin Removal Media||CQE-RM-05003|
|Eaglesorb Water Softeners||CQE-RM-05002|
|Sediment Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04015|
|Carbon Block Filter Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04014|