Countertop Reverse Osmosis System
Water Travels Through 10 Stages of Filtration:
- STAGE 1: Water flows through a pre one-micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- STAGE 2: Water passes through Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzene) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water, bad taste, and odors from your drinking water. To Learn more about GAC click HERE .
- STAGE 3: Water flows through another one-micron filtration pad for further reduction of undesirable particles and a wide variety of contaminants.
- STAGE 4: Water passes through a Crystal Quest® Reverse Osmosis (RO) membrane, which removes and filters particles as small as 1/10,000 of a micron as most inorganic chemicals (such as salts, metals, minerals) most microorganisms including Cryptosporidium and Giardia, and most inorganic contaminants. Click HERE for more information on the Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
- STAGE 5: Water flows through another one-micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- STAGE 6 & 7: Water flows through 2 beds of Eagle Redox Alloy® (Oxidation/reduction process) media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc. Representing a new and unique way of water processing medium which by its natural process of electrochemical oxidation/reduction and adsorption action reduces and/or removes many unwanted contaminants from water. It is a major advancement in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy®) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized. Iron and hydrogen sulfide are oxidized into insoluble matter and attach to the surface of the media. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, cadmium, aluminum, and other dissolved metals are removed from the water by the natural process of electrochemical process. They are attracted to the surface of the media, much like a magnet. The media inhibits bacterial growth throughout the entire unit. Read more about Redox (oxidation/reduction) process HERE .
- STAGE 8: Water flows through the ion exchange resin, reducing heavy metals such as lead, copper, aluminum, and water hardness.
- STAGE 9: Water passes again through granulated activated carbon (GAC).
- STAGE 10: Water flows through a post one-micron filtration pad for further reduction of undesirable particles. The end result is a great reduction or elimination of a wide variety of contaminants.
50 GPD Countertop Reverse Osmosis System
Crystal Quest Portable 10-stage Reverse Osmosis System provides safe, pure, high quality drinking water with a capacity of up to 50 gallons per day using Reverse Osmosis technology. The 50 GPD equates to a production of approximately 2 gallons per hour. Water pressure and water conditions can vary this amount.
- Great for homes, apartments, office, recreational vehicles, motels, and laboratory use.
- Convenient, easy to use and hook up to the sink faucet. System measures 16"x7"x7"
- All hardware included
- Influent water psi will have a direct effect on GPD production, for 50 GPD the water should have approximately 60 psi.
|Pressure Range||45 psi and up|
|Temperature Range||40° - 85° F (4.4-29.4° C)|
|Optimum Service Flow||0.30 gpm at 60 psi|
- water pressure
Great tasting water
Apparently, my pressure is too low and I get only 8 oz of water per minute. My water pressure sure doesn't seem low I have to figure out a way to test my pressure at the faucet to determine if in fact the filter is performing as it should
William, this is a slow producing system and getting 8 oz of water per minute is great!
Great Product, Superior Quality
Great product and superior quality! After just one week I feel energized and healthy with the optional mineralizer/alkalizer cartridge!
easy and convenient
I have used this item before and just replaced my old one with the new one and it works as good as the old one. Thanks
Best for the price!
Had been in Columbus Ohio for 10 years. Never knew our public water system provided water had this great taste until it came through Crystal Quest. Tasted like premium mineral water. Coffee or tea tastes much better as well as cooking. I used to scoff at people when they claimed that water matters but I realize it now. After one year you need to change the filters and RO system I thought it better to just order the new one (there is not much cost difference and ordered it from Amazon). Last year bought this one from the company. Set up is easy, if you tighten it too hard it leaks sometime as the connection to your tap can "eat up the water connecting hose, just cut it up and fix it again. I would say its worth every penny and will buy it again.
Two Thumbs Up!
I really like my RO water filtration system. I would prefer if it were housed differently. The instruction for set up were a bit vague. There was a small red plug in the waste water line. There was no mention in the instructions as to whether it was to be removed or to remain in the line. After a couple of weeks of online research I finally opted to remove the red plug after I found a photo "without" the red plug. Works like a charm. Water is delicious tasting.