Nitrate Removal | Double Cartridge Countertop Water Filter System
Water Travels Through 7 Stages of Filtration
- In stage 1, water travel through a Nitrate REMOVAL cartridge. Contains a special nitrate-selective resin. Nitrate reduction is 90% to 95% and breakthrough is not affected by sulfate levels. The capacity is 5500 ppm of nitrates as CaCO3. To determine capacity, first, calculate the ppm of nitrates as CaCO3, then divide that number into 5500 to get the gallons. This cartridge can be regenerated using sodium chloride brine.*
- In stage 2, and 7 water water flows through pre and post one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other un-dissolved matter.
- In stages 3 and 4, water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc (ERA-6500 and ERA-9500). ERA-6500 and ERA-9500 are major advancements in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy ® ) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized.
- In stage 5, water flows through ion exchange resins, reducing heavy metals such as lead, copper, aluminum, and water hardness.
- In stages 6, water flows through coconut shell granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzene) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water causing bad taste and odors in your drinking water. All Crystal Quest® GAC is a mixed blend of coconut shell and catalytic GAC to address both chlorine, chloramines and these byproducts.
Crystal Quest® Nitrate Removal Double Countertop Water Filter System is dependable and built to last for years. This counter top system installs in seconds and sits on the counter top for water on demand. Quick and easy to use, stylish, convenient, and effectively removes NITRATE and hundreds of contaminants from water.
- A diverter valve switches between filtered and unfiltered water
- Sits on the counter and easily connects to any kitchen faucet
- Option for countertop models only: Washable Pre-filtration Filter Use for any countertop/faucet and helps remove the sediment thus enabling your filter to work more efficiently
- White (Polypropylene) housing is BPA free
|Dimensions (polypropylene)||10"L x 13"H x 5"W|
|Dimensions (stainless steel)||9"L x 13.5"H x 5"W|
|Min Operating Pressure||20 psi (pounds per sq. in.)|
|Max Operating Pressure||60 psi (pounds per sq. in.)|
|Min Operating Temperature||40 degrees F|
|Max Operating Temperature||90 degrees F|
|Max Flow Rate||0.3-0.5 gpm (gallons per minute)|
|Nitrate Removal Filter Cartridge (2-7/8“x9-3/4”)||CQE-RC-04007|
|SMART Filter Cartridge (2-7/8“x9-3/4”)||CQE-RC-04002|