Nitrate Removal | SMART Classic Countertop Water Filter System
Select product option
Water travels through 7 stages of filtration
- In stage 1, and 7 water water flows through pre and post one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other un-dissolved matter.
- In stage 2, water travel through Nitrate-selective resin REMOVAL resin. Nitrate reduction is 90% to 95% and breakthrough is not affected by sulfate levels. The capacity is 3000 ppm of nitrates as CaCO3. To determine capacity, first calculate the ppm of nitrates as CaCO3, then divide that number into 3000 to get the gallons. This cartridge can be regenerated using sodium chloride brine.
- In stage 4, water flows through ion exchange resins, reducing heavy metals such as lead, copper, aluminum, and water hardness.
- In stages 3 and 5, water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc (ERA-6500 and ERA-9500). ERA-6500 and ERA-9500 are major advancements in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy ® ) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized.
- In stages 6, water flows through coconut shell granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzene) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water causing bad taste and odors in your drinking water. All Crystal Quest® GAC is a mixed blend of coconut shell and catalytic GAC to address both chlorine, chloramines, and these byproducts.
- A diverter valve switches between filtered and unfiltered water.
Crystal Quest® Nitrate Removal + SMART Countertop Classic Water Filter System is dependable and built to last for years. This countertop system installs in seconds and sits on the countertop for water on demand. Quick and easy to use, stylish, convenient, and effectively removes NITRATE and hundreds of contaminants from water.
|Dimensions||3.5"L x 10.5"H x 3.5"W|
|Min Operating Pressure||20 psi (pounds per sq. in.)|
|Max Operating Pressure||60 psi (pounds per sq. in.)|
|Min Operating Temperature||40 degrees F|
|Max Operating Temperature||90 degrees F|
|Max Flow Rate||0.3-0.5 GPM (gallons per minute)|