Acid Neutralizing + Softener + SMART Series Whole House Water Filter
Water Travels Through 7 Stages of Filtration
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20" sediment filter cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand, and dirt. Also, extends the life of water softeners and water filters and prevents damage to control valves or pumps.
- Stage 2: Water flows through an ACID NEUTRALIZING FILTER media mineral tank.
- Stage 3: Water flows through an ion exchange resin and brine water conditioner.
- Stage 4, 5 & 6: Water flows through our SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons (Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500 , and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloramine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH.
- Stage 7: Water flows through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), & any remaining insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.*
Tank 1: Neutralize Acid in Your Drinking Water
Crystal Quest® Whole House Acid Neutralizing Water Filters contain naturally occurring, crushed and screened white marble, calcium carbonate media. It is used to neutralize acidic or low pH waters to a neutral, less corrosive effluent
Tank 2: SMART Water Filtration
To read about how GAC's work, click here
To read about the ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here
Tank 3: Soften hard water
Media may increase hardness in the water which is why a water softener is recommended. Water is hard when it contains minerals like calcium and magnesium. You may see staining on your sinks, tubs, showers, and clothing. You may also notice less lather from your shampoos and soaps and even a feeling of film on your skin. All these are symptoms of the need for softened water. Hard water also causes a higher risk of limescale deposits in household water systems. The negative effect of limescale buildup is that pipes are blocked and the efficiency of hot boilers and tanks is reduced. This increases the cost of domestic water heating by about fifteen to twenty percent. Another negative effect of limescale is that it has damaging effects on household machinery, such as laundry machines. Water softening means expanding the lifespan of household machines, and the lifespan of pipelines. It also contributes to the improved working and longer lifespan of solar heating systems, air conditioning units and many other water-based applications.
View our Comparison Chart of all Whole House Acid Neutralizing Systems
|1.5 cubic feet||2.0 cubic feet|
|Service Flow (GPM)||9-11||10-13|
|Tank Dimensions||10" x 54"||12" x 52"|
|Brine Tank Dimensions||18" x 33"||18" x 33"|
|Material||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass|
|Acid Neutralizing/pH Enhancing Mix||CQE-RM-05025|
|Eaglesorb Water Softeners||CQE-RM-05002|
|Sediment Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04015|
|Carbon Block Filter Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04014|