Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen Sulfide Removal + Softener Whole House Water Filter
Water Travels Through 4 Stages of Filtration
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20” sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand, and dirt.
- Stage 2: Water flows through an iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide-reducing mineral tank. In addition, we add our medias, ERA® 6500 & 9500 to prevent bacteria growth.
- Stage 3: Hardness in water is removed through our softener filtration media
- Stage 4: Water flows through a 20” solid carbon filter cartridge for removing volatile organic compounds (VOCs), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.*
TANK 1: Remove Iron, Manganese & Hydrogen Sulfide
Iron (Fe ) & Manganese (Mn) are metallic elements present many types of rock. Most groundwater contains some iron and manganese which naturally leaches from rocks and soils. Excess amounts in drinking water can cause discolored water, bad bitter tastes, and rust flakes in the water, as well as rusty-brown stains or black specks on fixtures and laundry. Excess amounts may also affect the taste of beverages and can build up deposits in pipes, heaters or pressure tanks. Hydrogen sulfide (H 2 S), which causes a “rotten egg” odor, can also be released from the soil by the same conditions (low dissolved oxygen and low pH) that cause iron and manganese to dissolve in water. Hydrogen sulfide is frequently found in water with excessive iron and manganese.
* If present in the water
Tank 2: Soften hard water
Your water may be hard, which is why a water softener is recommended. Water is hard when it contains minerals like calcium and magnesium. You may see staining on your sinks, tubs, showers, and clothing. You may also notice less lather from your shampoos and soaps and even a feeling of film on your skin. All these are symptoms of the need for softened water.
Hard water also causes a higher risk of limescale deposits in household water systems. The negative effect of limescale buildup is that pipes are blocked and the efficiency of hot boilers and tanks is reduced. This increases the cost of domestic water heating by about fifteen to twenty percent. Another negative effect of limescale is that it has damaging effects on household machinery, such as laundry machines. Water softening means expanding the lifespan of household machines, and the lifespan of pipelines. It also contributes to the improved working and longer lifespan of solar heating systems, air conditioning units and many other water-based applications.
- This system provides for the removal of Iron, Manganese & Hydrogen Sulfide in your water in addition to softening water hardness. If you would like clear, filtered water & a balanced pH in addition to this system, click here
Additional Product Options
- Leak Detector Valve
- UltraViolet: Specifically designed to meet the demanding microorganism control concern. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. A major advantage of UV treatment is that it is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without cumbersome retention tanks and harmful chemicals to your drinking water.
View our Comparison Chart of all Whole House Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen Sulfide Removal Systems
|1.5 cubic feet||2.0 cubic feet|
|Service Flow (GPM)||9-11||10-13|
|Tank Dimensions||10" x 54"||12" x 52"|
|Brine Tank Dimensions||18" x 33"||18" x 33"|
|Material||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass||Stainless Steel or Fiberglass|
|Sediment Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04015|
|Carbon Block Filter Cartridge (2-7/8"x20")||CQE-RC-04014|