All systems are shipped out fully assembled providing for easy installation.
Industrial Reverse Osmosis Systems
Customizable to Meet your Business Needs.
All membrane systems are factory tested to ensure quality, performance, and reliability.
All of our systems use high-quality, long-lasting parts, filters, and membranes.
Thunder Industrial RO Systems
Thunder Industrial Systems utilize reverse osmosis (RO) technology to produce high purity water by reducing contaminants such a dissolved minerals, particulates and organic impurities. These systems are engineered using the highest quality components and materials for reliable operation and exceptional performance. Our standard systems are available with water outputs ranging from 15-360 GPM (21,600-518,400 GPD).
Our industrial ro systems are offered with a variety of options such as pre and post treatment equipment, distribution pumps and integrated controls for a complete water treatment solution. The Thunder RO Systems are skid mounted, pre plumbed, and pre wired allowing for quick installation and start up. A variety of membrane types are available including low energy, brackish and low fouling, nanofiltration, and ultrafiltration.
Ordering Information for Industrial RO Systems
|Model||Capacity||Line Sizes (inches)||Dimensions (inches)||Approx.
NOTES: All flow rates are nominal and dimensions and weights are approximate. Systems rated at 77° using 2000 ppm feed water and approximate 225 psi pressure. System capacity is stated in permeate and under fair condition. Can change significantly with water temperature and feed TDF. For higher TDS, a water analysis must be supplied and could result in modifications to the system. Chlorine must be removed prior to RO system if present in the feed water. Water must be pretreated by softener or antiscalant to avoid scaling on the membranes.
- Filmtec® Thin Film Composite Membranes
- Fiberglass Membrane Housings
- Motor Actuated Feed Valve
- Vertical Stainless Steel Centrifugal Pump
- Stainless Steel Filter Housings
- SS High Pressure Components
- Low and High Pressure Shut-off Switch
- Auto Feed Shut-off
- Stainless Steel Flow Control
- Feed Pressure Guages (2)
- System Presure Guages (3)
- Cleaning Ports
- Permeate Flowmeter
- Concentrate Flowmeter
- Permeate TDS Dispaly
- Feed TDS Display
- Heavy Duty Coated Aluminum Frame
- S-200 Microprocessor Controller*
- 3 Panel Switches*
3 Panel Switches*
The S-200 Microprocessor Controller Automatically Controls:
- Motorized Actuated Feed Valve
- Delayed High Pressure Pump Start-Up
- Automatic Shut-Down at Tank Full
- Low or High Pressure Fault Shut-Down
- Pre-Treatment Lock-Out
- Feed Water Flush at Shut-Down
- High Product TDS Alarm Shut-Down
The 3 Panel Switchesare For:
- Auxilary Output Enable or Disable
- RO Pump
- System Power
- Permeate Flush System
- pH Monitor
- Temperature Guage
- Float for Storage Tank*
- Chemical Dosing System
- Feed Booster Pump
- Permeate Re-pressurization Pump
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Differential Pressure Guage
- ORP Monitor Controller
- Turbidity Meter
- Pre-Treatment Equipment: Carbon Filter*, Antiscalant*, Media Filter*
*Recommended Minimum Options
Skid and Frame Assembly
Membrane systems are manufactured in a skid frame design for ease of installationwith minimum floorspace requirements. Our Thunder Industrial Systems are constructed of welded structural carbon steel tubing and finished with corrosion resistant epoxy paint coating. Stainless steel fastener hardware is standard for corrosion resistance.
Standard reverse osmosis membrane elements are high rejection, thin-film composite (TFC) type, in a spiral-wound configuration. Membrane elements are tested at 99% average salt rejection. All Filmtec® pro-rated membrane elements carry a three-year warranty against defects in quality and workmanship.
All systems feature membrane housings constructed of fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP) with 316 stainless steel side-entry feed and concentrate ports. Standard housings have a white polyurethane finish. ASME code-stamping is available on all membrane housings.
Cartridge Pre-Filtration Housing
5-Micron prefiltration is standard on all systems. The filter housing is constructed of 316 stainless steel.
System Pressure Pump
Standard pressure pumps are constructed with 304/316 stainless steel housings, as well asimpeller and diffuser stage assemblies. Pumps are equipped with TEFC motors and wired for 230/460 VAC voltage, and rated for full load, continuous duty.
Operations of the system are automatically controlled through a comprehensive microprocessor controller housed in a NEMA-4 industrial electrical enclosure. The control system also includes a pre-wired motor starter, operator switches, push-buttons, and status alarm indicator lights. Standard sysetms inculde the following isolated alarm conditions:
- Low inlet pressure
- High pump discharge pressure
All systems feature a complete instrumentation package for optimal performance monitoring. Each of the following instruments are panel-mounted and pre-wired:
- Pre and Post cartridge filter pressure guages
- Concentrate pressure guages
- RO inlet pump discharge pressure switches
- Product and reject electronic flow sensors
- Product and feed conductivity monitor
- System temperature indicator
- Pump run hour meter
System Piping and Valves
All membrane systems are completely pre-plumbed and installation ready. Schedule 80 PVC is standard material for all piping and valves under 75 psig operating pressure. Higher pressure piping and valves are constructed of 316 statinless steel. The following valves are provided as standard for accurate flow and pressure control and convenient operation:
- Automatic inlet valve to prevent water flow through the system during shutdown
- Pressure pump discharge throttle valve
- RO concentrate and recirculation fow control valves
- Automatic system flush valve for prevention of membrane fouling and scale formation
- Inet, product, sampling valves
- Individual membrane housing product sampling valves
- Isolation valves and blind ports for use with membrane cleaning systems