UltraViolet Water Sterilization
- No chemicals added to the water supply - no byproducts, (i.e. chlorine + organics = trihalomethanes).
- Environmentally and user-friendly, no dangerous chemicals to handle or store, no risks of overdosing.
- Easy installation, only two water connections, and a power connection.
- No change in taste, odor, pH or conductivity or the general chemistry of the water.
- More effective against viruses than chlorine.
- Extremely economical, hundreds of gallons may be treated for each penny of operating cost.
- Immediate treatment process, no need for holding tanks, long retention times, etc.
- Automatic operation without special attention or measurement, operator friendly.
- Simplicity and ease of maintenance, periodic cleaning, (if applicable), and annual lamp replacement, no moving parts to wear out.
- No handling of toxic chemicals, no need for specialized storage requirements.
- Low initial capital cost as well as reduced operating expenses when compared with similar technologies such as ozone, chlorine, etc.
Crystal Quest® Commercial and Residential Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer Systems are specifically designed to meet the demanding microorganism control concern. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. A major advantage of UV treatment is that it is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without cumbersome retention tanks and harmful chemicals to your drinking water. Crystal Quest® commercial and residential Ultraviolet Water Sterilizers are also extremely cost-efficient, the most ecological way of treating your water and all for pennies a day!
The UV lamp incorporates natural ultraviolet light energy to eradicate microbiological contamination. Water enters through the bottom part of the reactor chamber and swirls around a high output, low-pressure mercury vapor lamp thermally protected by a quartz sleeve. The UV lamp emits powerful ultraviolet light. Energy components contained in microorganisms absorb the light energy; this disrupts the DNA and prevents reproduction. Crystal Quest® Commercial and Residential Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer Systems are manufactured with axial flow reactors in 304 stainless steel. The UV lamp should be replaced annually. Applications include post under sink water filters, post whole house water filters, water coolers, pre and post osmosis systems, private wells, campgrounds, hotels, bottlers, aquaculture, hospitals, food, cottages, restaurants, breweries, laboratories, marine, pharmaceutical, dairies and many other applications.
Units are manufactured standard with 110v electrical outlet but are also available in 220v if requested.