Live free from wondering what's in the water coming out of your home's faucets. Help protect your health, and your budget, and reduce your carbon footprint with proper water filtration for your home.
Whole House Water Filters Make Staying Hydrated Simple
It's common knowledge that people and pet animals need to drink abundant water every day, to maintain basic health and wellness. It discourages drinking water when the available water is of poor quality and doesn't taste good or refreshing. Many people resort to having water delivered for drinking and cooking. They maintain a routine of heaving huge, heavy water jugs onto dispensers, and doing without quality water for other home uses. Whole home water filters offer a much more practical solution for delicious safe high-quality water.
Whole home water filters filter chlorine, chloramines, and many other contaminants from water, to provide clean water from all faucets throughout your home. Water filtering eliminates chemicals in water that have damaging effects on skin and hair and impact the taste of food and brewed beverages.
With a whole home water filter, you also no longer have to be responsible for adding to the mountains of plastic bottles even higher in the burgeoning landfills by continuing to add your daily water bottle disposal to those blights on the environment.
What are Whole House Water Filters?
Whole house water filters remedy a vast range of water contamination problems, such as Nitrates, chlorine, VOC's, Arsenic, and many others. Residential Smart Whole House Water Filters employ a special blend of filtration media, that can be used in combination with a home water softener to eliminate hard water problems along with chemical contaminates.
Combining a whole house water filter with a residential water softener creates a comprehensive water treatment system that reduces and removes virtually the entire range of contaminants from water used throughout the home.
Whole house water filtration systems filter at the point of water entry into the residence, enabling consistently filtered water at every water outlet in the home.
What are the Benefits of Using Whole House Water Filters?
Left untreated, poor quality residential water can be dangerously unhealthy to drink and use for cooking, and it can taste bad, which discourages frequent hydration. Important benefits of having a whole house water filter working for you in your home include:
- Clean drinking water from all faucets throughout your home.
- Water that tastes great and is healthier for drinking and cooking.
- Clean, clear, pollution-free ice cubes.
- Better tasting tea and coffee.
- Better tasting fresh vegetables washed with water, and foods cooked in water.
- Optimum quality water for baby formula.
- Healthier water for pets, houseplants, aquariums, and gardens.
- Clean water for ice makers, coffee makers, and dishwashers, humidifiers, and water heaters.
Major Risks from Using Contaminated Water in Your Home
Consuming unfiltered water in the modern era carries an increasingly alarming number of serious risks for people and pet animals. Contaminated drinking water can cause a number of diseases, and can even lead to death in extreme cases.
For example, research indicates that exposure to common chlorinated water can trigger asthma, dermatitis outbreaks, and is associated with increases in low-density lipoprotein and serum cholesterol levels, and bladder cancer.
Chloramine (a combination of chlorine and ammonia) is a respiratory irritant. Long-term exposure to this chemical in water is associated with problems of the skin, kidneys, digestive system, and blood.
Risks Eliminated by Adding UV to Water Filtration?
Filtration with UV light goes much further in protecting against serious water-borne health risks:
Water Filtering with UV light renders the DNA of harmful microorganisms inactive (through a process known as thymine dimerization). Combining UV treatment with whole house water filtration provides critical protective benefits for humans, such as:
- Destroys almost 100% of dangerous microorganisms, including E. coli, giardia, cryptosporidium, and many others.
- Kills the highly-chlorine resistant hepatitis virus.
- Prevents reproduction of bacteria, viruses, and various other pathogens.
How Do Whole House Water Filters Work?
Before Filtration — The water filtration process starts with incoming water passing through a sediment filtering cartridge 20 inches in thickness, to remove dirt, silt, sand, and other sediments.
During Filtration — At the next stage of filtering, the water passes through the SMART Water Filter Multimedia. This filtering series consists of two types of Granulated Activated Carbons — both Standard & Catalytic GAC filters. Both layers contain with Crystal Quest's Eagle Redox Alloys® and ion exchange resin. These eliminate lead, mercury, other heavy metals, chlorine, chloramine, petroleum, pesticides, herbicides, pharmaceutical by-products, tourmaline and ceramic balls and other contaminates, to help increase alkaline pH and improve water quality.
After Filtration — When filtration is complete, the water then passes through a solid carbon cartridge 20 inches in thickness, which removes the volatile organic compounds (VOC's) as well as any residual industrial solvents, pesticides, insecticides and other remaining contaminants.
Calculating Capacity — Capacity is simply the amount of water volume your filter can clean efficiently. The easiest way to gauge the filtering capacity you need is to base it on the number of bathrooms in your home.
- 1,000,000 capacity accommodates 1-3 bathrooms.
- 1,500,000 capacity accommodates 2-4 bathrooms.
How are Whole House Water Filters Budget-Friendly?
Whole house water filtering systems are ready to install, which means you do not have to pay expensive installation costs, and you don't need a long-term equipment maintenance contract. The carbon filtration media in a whole house water filter services 600,000 gallons of water, or 5 years of household. Then, the water filtering media replacements can be inexpensively installed.
How are Whole House Water Filters Eco-Friendly?
By filtering from the point of water entry into the home, the whole house water filtration system allows no wasted water, chemical discharge, or contaminate drainage of outbound waste water. That means you're living greener, actually cleaning the water of the world as it passes through your home, giving the environment a big bonus at your house.
The system does not use any electricity, which offers an additional ecological benefit. It also eliminates the need to burn fossil fuels for manufacturing plastic water containers for water dispensers, which helps reduce air pollutants and resulting greenhouse gases.
For a Complete Water Quality Solution, Eliminate Hard Water Too
In addition to using a Whole House Water Filter to clean contaminates from your water supply, it's recommended to also use a water treatment system to remedy hard water conditions that can cause many serious problems throughout your home and negatively impact your property value and even the overall quality of life in your home.
- Hard water in a home consists of water with dissolved calcium and magnesium. The degree of hardness of your home's water is determined by measuring its combined total number of grains of these minerals it contains per gallon.
- Hard water causes scale buildup that clogs plumbing pipes, reduces the normal life of dishwashers , washing machines, water heaters, and many other household appliances, by as much as 30%. It also reduces their efficiency, which increases home energy costs.
- Cooking with hard water affects taste of drinking water and cooked foods. Bathing in untreated hard water also dulls the skin and hair, and leaves hard water deposits and soap buildup on bathtubs, showers, and fixtures. It also increases energy bills.
Resolving Hard Water Issues Offers Homeowners Important Benefits:
The benefits of correcting hard water problems are far-reaching for homeowners. They range from saving budget-breaking plumbing replacements or repairs, and eliminating the destructive corrosive effects to household appliances, to significantly cutting energy costs by increasing equipment efficiency.
Here are just some of the countless other practical benefits of resolving hard water issues:
- Residue-free water for cleaning household surfaces, mopping floors, and washing windows
- Spot-free dishes, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, windows, and tiles.
- Much less soap build-up on bathtubs and showers.
- No heavy delivered water cooler bottles to lift
- Significantly increased life of home water heater and efficiency.
- Increased efficiency of household cleaning products, for substantial cost savings.
- Increased life of washing machines and other household appliances.
- Can add many years to the life of a residential plumbing system.
- Increased lather from soaps and shampoos, for softer skin and more lustrous hair.
- Reduced cost of soaps, hair products, shaving cream and other personal care products.
- Brighter and longer-lasting clothes and household fabrics.
To remedy hard water problems, use a residential water treatment system along with your whole house water filter. The two combined will provide you with a comprehensive solution for your home's water quality. There are a couple of basic options.
- Traditional Water Softener — A water softener softens water by replacing hard ions, such as calcium and magnesium with potassium or sodium ions, thereby removing the magnesium and calcium ions via an ion exchange resin as the hard water is circulated through a stratum of beads or zeolite (a chemical mix). The remaining sodium or potassium ions are softer. Water softener maintenance involves periodically using a backwash solution or refilling the brine solution with either sodium or potassium chloride salt.
- Salt-Free Water Conditioner — Instead of removing the minerals through ion exchange, the water conditioner engages them at the nano-molecular level, to transform the mineral from its crystalline form into a nanoparticle, which dissolves in the water, and removes the +2 charge on the molecule, which disables the minerals' abilities to adhere to surfaces, prevents buildup of hard water scale in plumbing pipes, on appliances, and on kitchen and bath fixtures and tiles and dissolves existing buildup. Backwashing is not necessary, so no salt is being added to your water.