Crystal Quest© ORP Ceramic Ball
- Produces perfectly ph-balanced alkaline water, helps minimize the fluctuations of your body's pH.
- Produce OH-
- Make Hydrogen water
- Remove chlorine and all kinds of oxidized agents form tap water
- Remove harmful metal ions.
- Turn acidic drinking water into alkaline calcium ion water.
- Remove micro obstacles with diameter less than 50um. Negative potential ceramic ball could remove Fe2O3 effectively, which is easily detected in aged tap water.
- By increasing the PH value, negative potential ceramic ball could reduce the CaCO3 solubility.
- Provide Zinc and protect water from micro-organism.
- ORP Ceramic balls could also improve the qualities of clean water by adding necessary for proper human development and health minerals, such as Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium and others readily found in many natural mineral waters.
WHAT IS ORP?
Oxidation Reduction Potential or Redox is the activity or strength of oxidizers and reducers in relation to their concentration. Oxidizers accept electrons, reducers lose electrons. Examples of oxidizers are: chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, bromine, ozone, and chlorine dioxide. Examples of reducers are sodium sulfite, sodium bisulfate and hydrogen sulfide. Like acidity and alkalinity, the increase of one is at the expense of the other.
A single voltage is called the Oxidation-Reduction Potential, where a positive voltage shows a solution attracting electrons (oxidizing agent). For instance, chlorinated water will show a positive ORP value whereas sodium sulfite (a reducing agent) loses electrons and will show a negative ORP value.
ORP is measured in millivolts (mV), with no correction for solution temperature. Like pH, it is not a measurement of concentration directly, but of activity level. In a solution of only one active component, ORP indicates concentration. As with pH, a very dilute solution will take time to accumulate a measurable charge.
An ORP sensor uses a small platinum surface to accumulate charge without reacting chemically. That charge is measured relative to the solution, so the solution “ground” voltage comes from the reference junction - the same type used by a pH sensor.
WHERE IS ORP USED?
ORP is used for drinking water, swimming pools and spas. However, ORP is also used for cooling tower disinfection, groundwater remediation, bleaching, cyanide destruction, chrome reductions, metal etching, fruit and vegetable disinfection and dichlorination.