Countertop Reverse Osmosis System
Select product option
Water Travels Through 10 Stages of Filtration:
- STAGE 1: Water flows through a pre one-micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- STAGE 2: Water passes through Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzene) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water, bad taste, and odors from your drinking water. To Learn more about GAC click HERE .
- STAGE 3: Water flows through another one-micron filtration pad for further reduction of undesirable particles and a wide variety of contaminants.
- STAGE 4: Water passes through a Crystal Quest® Reverse Osmosis (RO) membrane, which removes and filters particles as small as 1/10,000 of a micron as most inorganic chemicals (such as salts, metals, minerals) most microorganisms including Cryptosporidium and Giardia, and most inorganic contaminants. Click HERE for more information on the Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
- STAGE 5: Water flows through another one-micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- STAGE 6 & 7: Water flows through 2 beds of Eagle Redox Alloy® (Oxidation/reduction process) media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc. Representing a new and unique way of water processing medium which by its natural process of electrochemical oxidation/reduction and adsorption action reduces and/or removes many unwanted contaminants from water. It is a major advancement in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy®) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized. Iron and hydrogen sulfide are oxidized into insoluble matter and attach to the surface of the media. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, cadmium, aluminum, and other dissolved metals are removed from the water by the natural process of electrochemical process. They are attracted to the surface of the media, much like a magnet. The media inhibits bacterial growth throughout the entire unit. Read more about Redox (oxidation/reduction) process HERE .
- STAGE 8: Water flows through the ion exchange resin, reducing heavy metals such as lead, copper, aluminum, and water hardness.
- STAGE 9: Water passes again through granulated activated carbon (GAC).
- STAGE 10: Water flows through a post one-micron filtration pad for further reduction of undesirable particles. The end result is a great reduction or elimination of a wide variety of contaminants.
50 GPD Countertop Reverse Osmosis System
Crystal Quest Portable 10-stage Reverse Osmosis System provides safe, pure, high quality drinking water with a capacity of up to 50 gallons per day using Reverse Osmosis technology. The 50 GPD equates to a production of approximately 2 gallons per hour. Water pressure and water conditions can vary this amount.
- Great for homes, apartments, office, recreational vehicles, motels, and laboratory use.
- Convenient, easy to use and hook up to the sink faucet. System measures 16"x7"x7"
- All hardware included
- Influent water psi will have a direct effect on GPD production, for 50 GPD the water should have approximately 60 psi.
|Pressure Range||45 psi and up|
|Temperature Range||40° - 85° F (4.4-29.4° C)|
|Optimum Service Flow||0.30 gpm at 60 psi|
- customer service
- Crystal Quest
I would buy the product again and I plan on getting new filters when the ones on my unit need replacing. My main issue and the reason not 5 stars is that the instructions are not clear and missing some key points. There is a red rubber thing on the end of the waste hose that needs to be pulled off. This is not listed in the instructions. Also, it's not clear from the set up that if you buy the pre filter how to affix it. While it was on the instructions on the back and not in the main install part the image is very small. The pre filter male portion was very difficult to seat correctly into the female filter port. It took me a good 20 minutes and countless tries to turn clockwise into the filter. But I finally got it all in order and I think it is a great product. Customer Service was very helpful also in answering questions. Just be prepared to give them a call.
Just received so not had much experience with it yet Initially my take is that it was a smooth ordering experience. Item arrived quickly and as described. Easy to connect and works flawlessly. Initially made 1gal of distilled water and while I didn’t think to time the process I would estimate it to have taken anywhere from 45 to 60 min. After some use I will update this if warrented only downside at this time is that it is rather unsightly sitting on the countertop , but that is why it’s portable. Just hide away when not in use ;)
I was excited to receive 3 new products and get them set up and try them out to see what the family thinks as there's 4 of us living here. I first hooked up the hand held shower and was immediately impressed with the weight and obvious quality with the shower head itself. The typical home supply places provide hand helds yet they weigh barely nothing and feel cheap yet this head felt like top shelf stuff rarely seen. Using this just one time it was easy to see the amazing difference in the feel of the water. And being able to shut off the water at the shower head is a great plus when washing our 12lb little dog as it makes it so much easier. Regarding the osmosis and the fluoride filter I was unable to hook up this counter top unit at 1st due to my kitchen faucet has external threads size 55/64ths and unfortunately the correct adapter needed wasn't in the kit. Tho I do realize there must be lots of different applications so having the "odd" one didn't stop me from using this the very day it arrived as I took it to one of my bathrooms and was able to hook it up and did get over 2 gals of water in under 2 hours time. (The next day I went to ACE Hardware and took the parts I needed to match up with the adapter for my kitchen and found I needed a size; ( 55/64 female - 3/4 male ) for under $5 so no big deal really and now I am all hooked up in my kitchen exactly where I envisioned placing this unit. We are on municipal water so I ordered a fluoride filter and was very pleased to find this cartridge was all installed with the basic unit as I was not expecting that. Pleasantly surprised as I thought I would have to add this filter to the main unit myself. Now that it is all installed we are using about 3+ gals per day for drinking water, tea, coffee, pet water and even brushing our teeth. So over all great job Crystal Quest with a good product at a great price to boot...I bought enough stuff for free shipping = another benefit of my purchase... Thanks to the folks at Crystal Quest... JI